Join us for our first general membership meeting of AY 2019/2020:
When: Tuesday, September 10 from 12:30pm-1:30pm
Where: K-Campus, Social Science Building (SS), 3033
The agenda for the meeting is forthcoming via email and will be posted to this page as well.
Our first social meeting of the fall semester will be Tuesday, September 17 from 4pm-6pm at Dry County Brewing Company in Kennesaw. We’ll have AAUP coffee mugs for new members and AAUP/Dry County pint glasses for everyone until we run out.
You can see all of the meetings scheduled for this semester here.
Our fourth business meeting of the semester will be held from 2pm-3:30pm on Tuesday, April 16, in SO 5074. Our agenda for the meeting will be . . .
1) Todd and Andy’s meeting with President Whitten and Provost Schwaig
2) Shared governance (Senate Ad Hoc Committee)
3) Workload Language
4) Planning for the AAUP Social, Thursday, May 2, 4:00-6:00 pm, Dry County Brewery
5) AAUP for the 2020-2021 Academic Year
Our third business meeting of the semester will be held from 2pm-3:30pm on Tuesday, March 19 in SO 5074. Our agenda for the meeting will be . . .
- Updates on the workload language for the faculty handbook.
- Shared governance update.
- CHSS CFC’s Letter to the Provost on transparency and merit raises.
- Other Senate Items and Issues of Concern
- Planning End of the Semester Get Together.
We look forward to your joining us for the discussion!
We held our second business meeting of the year on February 12. The published agenda was as follows:
1. Shared Governance Letter.
2. Meeting with the Provost; Potential Meeting with Whitten
3. Workload Document
5. Strategies for moving forward
Our first business meeting of the semester was held on Tuesday, Jan. 16. The published agenda was as follows:
- Faculty and Departmental Issues arising from the Workload Document
- Faculty whose credentialing is affected by the off-site SACS report
- Curricular Review Process
- Issues the Campus Climate Change and Peacebuilding Group has had with advertising their workshop on campus
- Senate Updates
Our second business meeting of the 2018/19 academic year will be held Tuesday, Nov. 6, in room SO 4060 from 2pm-3.30pm. The agenda is available here.
AAUP@KSU will hold an open forum on the recently circulated Workload Recommendations document this Thursday, Nov. 1, from 3:30pm-5pm in SO 2036.
Per Todd’s membership announcing the forum, we hope the meeting will be a valuable place “to discuss ways for faculty to become involved in the process as this document moves to the colleges and departments.” Feel free to send advance questions/comments to Todd (tharper @ kennesaw).
Additionally, the Faculty Senate holds it monthly meeting today, Oct. 29, from 12:30pm-1:45pm in KSU Center 300. If you are able to, please attend to show support for increased faculty concerns about shared governance structures on campus.
Our first business meeting of the 2018/19 academic year will be held today in room SO 5074 from 2pm-3.30pm. The agenda is available here.
Current AAUP@KSU officers are:
President: Todd Harper (English), 2018-2020
Email: tharper [at] kennesaw [dot] com
Vice President: Sarah Holliday (Math), 2018-2020
Email: shollid4 [at] kennesaw [dot] com
Treasurer: Chris Sharpe (Library), 2018-2020
Email: csharpe [at] kennesaw [dot] com
Secretary: Pete Rorabaugh (English), 2018-2020
Email: pete [at] kennesaw [dot] com