Taken from our bylaws, the purposes of AAUP@KSU are to:
- Support the policies and goals of the Association as set forth in Article 1 of the AAUP constitution, and in all matters act in harmony with the principles and procedures of national Association and its constitution;
- Facilitate the cooperation of teachers and research scholars in universities and colleges, and in professional schools of similar grade, for the promotion of the interests of higher education and research, and in general to increase the usefulness and advance the standards, ideals, and welfare of the profession.
- Defend academic freedom at Kennesaw State University and throughout academe;
- Encourage faculty participation in governance at Kennesaw State University;
- Protect and advance the professional status and interests of all faculty;
- Facilitate the dissemination of information on higher education principles and practices;
- Inform the academic community about AAUP standards and policy statements; and
- Develop necessary and proper chapter programs for the accomplishment of the aforementioned purposes.